Tuesday, September 9, 2008

in this installment, james fights a cold with his bare hands and swims with the fishes.

Hello boys and girls, I apologize for the delay in posts.

I planned on posting some video but then I hit a snag: my video camera was destroyed. Turns out that "underwater housing" means "a place to house water tightly around your camera so it can corrode the insides and render it useless."

Should have read the fine print. Anyway, I have to ship the damn thing off and chances are it won't be ready in time for my departure. This makes me really, really sad.

Also making me sad is my complete lack of Unemployment checks, which I applied for two weeks ago but haven't received because some government stooge hit the wrong key and told the computer, "James hasn't made any money in over two years."

Oops. Then they wanted proof of my existence before they could cut me checks for the Trump-esque amount of $0.00.

Not even joking, that's what is said on the form.

Thank you California.

All that aside, things are well. Last weekend I started my sojourn with a sailing trip to Catalina island. On the way back we stopped the boat in dead calm, with no land in sight, and went swimming. It was amazing.

But then I got sunburned. And then I caught a cold. And I've barely had the energy to pack my backpack, so I'm going to sign off and sleep.

See you in Seattle!

jr

No comments: