Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weird Dreams


So, a few days ago I was dreaming that my room was swarming with giant spiders. Not very surprising if you've ever done any gardening with me and seen how I react when your average garden spider decides to skitter by. But still, it was a bit dramatic and frightening, even for me.


Here's what it looked like, only with four inch legs.

And the thing is, it was one of those "real time" dreams where you lay down to sleep, actually fall asleep, but then start dreaming that you can't fall asleep ... so I was totally convinced the spiders were real. Apparently I shouted so loud that my roommate opened the bedroom door to watch my murder, and since one of the many symptoms of my narcolepsy is "lucid dreaming," I incorporated him into my dream, and all the spiders turned and swarmed towards him.

So now he's saying, "You're dreaming dude, wake up!"

And I'm like, "idiot, you're about to get sucked to death by giant spiders!" only it sounded like, "aiaghnaighaighuom!"

Needless to say, it wasn't a restful night.

Then, LAST night, I dreamt that I was having nightmares, waking up, telling folks about my nightmares, then going back to sleep, having nightmare sequels, equating these dreams to my REAL LIFE dream about the spiders, then realizing that I was actually dreaming everything, then getting confused since I was aware I was dreaming, fighting to wake up, then I actually did wake up and spent about ten minutes trying to figure out what was real.

I'm not even joking, I had a dream within a dream that had a sequel and I also referenced a different dream from a different night while trying to explain all the dreams to some fictional dream people.

There are so many levels of Meta in that, all my Lit Crit friends but be quivering like excited Chihuahuas.

I think I need to de-stress.
*sigh*
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

cheekypinky said...

*quiver* and i love that reading your blog makes me snort inappropriately at work. God love you, james.